Ern Phang Lawyer, Notary Public - Director
Ern helps clients to buy and sell properties such as homes or investments including commercial and retail premises. He also helps clients with their business dealings and commercial transactions such as buying and selling businesses or business assets, entering into franchise agreements and commercial and retail leasing. As an experienced notary public, Ern also provides notary public services to clients who need to send documents from Australia to other countries around the world.
Ern is an experienced company director and company secretary having been involved with many public companies over the years. Although primarily focused mainly on legal matters, risk management, governance and compliance, Ern has been actively involved in all aspects of strategic management with those companies – with many of those companies successfully undergoing developmental growth or a strategic merger.
Ern acts for individuals and their families, as well as many small to medium size businesses. But he also assists a number of large international organisations with local legal issues in Australia, and provides ongoing and regular legal assistance to many religious organisations, especially Christian churches and welfare groups. Ern is passionate about the local community, and enjoys being involved with and supporting local people and their organisations.
When not in the office, Ern enjoys spending time with his wife and 2 boys, playing football at the park, lap swimming at the local pool, running around the block, and intense sessions of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
Ern’s dedication to his clients and community service continues to drive Phang Legal from strength to strength.
- Admitted to practice in NSW (1998) and Victoria (1999)
- Registered with the High Court (1999)
- Notary Public (2005)
- Master of Laws, University of Technology (2000)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Technology (1998)
- Law Society of NSW
- Society of Notaries of NSW
- Australian and New Zealand College of Notaries
- Sydney Hills Business Chamber
- Parramatta Chamber of Commerce
- 2010 Law Society President’s Award
- 2010 Sydney Mid West Volunteer of the Year
- Director of Phang Legal Pty Limited
- Director of Sociability Pty Limited
- Member of the Western Sydney Local Venues Council (Advisory Board to Pirtek Stadium – formerly known as ‘Parramatta Stadium’)
- Director of International Christian Aid Relief Enterprises Limited
- Director of NFP Consulting Group Pty Limited
- Director of Quality Improvement Council Limited
- Director of Western Housing for Youth Limited
- Director/Company Secretary of Affordable Community Housing Limited
- Management Committee member of the Hills Community Aid and Information Service Incorporated
- Director/Secretary of the Western Suburbs Housing Cooperative Limited
- Director of the NSW Federation of Housing Associations