Public notary services to help you marry in Hong Kong
If you are resident or currently present in Australia and wish to marry in Hong Kong, there are a few things that you must do to satisfy the local law of Hong Kong to recognise your intended marriage. Key to this is the requirement for notary services. For example, you must (correct at the time of publication):
- Write directly to the Hong Kong Marriage Registration & Records Office to request the Notice of Intended Marriage (擬結婚通知書) form.
- After completing the form, you must have your signature authenticated by a public notary.
- Prepare the prescribed fee by bank draft made payable to ‘The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region’.
- Prepare a letter requesting an appointment for a marriage ceremony.
- Return the completed form, the prescribed fee and the letter to the Hong Kong Marriage Registration & Records Office by registered airmail.
The Notice of Intended Marriage takes effect from the date following the date of its receipt by the Hong Kong Marriage Registration and Records Office and they will confirm with you an appointment for the marriage ceremony by reply letter.
Our experienced public notary is familiar with the Notice of Intended Marriage form and frequently assists clients who need to send this important document Hong Kong on short notice by authenticating their signature on the form.
Do you have any questions regarding this article?
Would you like a quote?
Please visit out Notary Fees page to obtain a FREE quote for our notary public services.
Why choose Phang Legal for your public notary services?
We are a leading provider of public notary services in Sydney known for our low-cost fixed fee notary services, our availability to provide public notary services on short notice, and our focus on personal and timely public notary services. With our offices conveniently located in Parramatta, the geographic centre of the Sydney metropolitan area, our public notary assists clients from across all suburbs of Sydney and beyond.
This website is maintained by Phang Legal, an incorporated legal practice in Parramatta and a leading provider of public notary services to clients across Sydney. Extensive experience and low-cost fixed prices ensures quality services and satisfied clients.
Ern Phang is the solicitor director of Phang Legal and a public notary. Ern regularly writes about his experiences as a public notary and the kinds of issues faced by his clients in sending documents overseas.
This information is correct as at the date of publication (2010-09-08 06:00:46) and may not include subsequent changes.
The post Hong Kong – Public Notary Services for Notice of Intended Marriage appeared first on Parramatta Notary Public Sydney.